[MPlayer-users] Re: which deinterlace filter

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Wed Oct 22 09:16:49 CEST 2003

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Reimar_D=F6ffinger?= <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

> First of all I want to say that I don't know anymore where I read that
> the framerates have to do with the frequency of the power supply, so I'm
> not absolutely sure if it's true, but it seems to make sense to me.

See my other post, it makes sense but not for syncing.

The synchronizing of the TV picture (horizontal and vertical refresh) has
_always_ to come from the received signal, otherwise you won't get a stable
picture. If your vsync is off, your picture will roll through (on old tv
sets, you have a knob where you can adjust vsync, it will lock in on the
signal if you are close enough).

It makes sense because the DC voltages need to be less stable if the
power supply is close to vsync.

> Hope I could explain why I think I am right.. ;-)

Hope you see you are wrong :-)))
 Stefan Seyfried, seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de