[MPlayer-users] Comparison of different deinterlace and denoise filters

Fabio Papa f.papa at mcmspa.it
Wed Oct 22 08:44:31 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 22 October 2003 05:38, D Richard Felker III wrote:
[snip]
> Once you have interlaced 4:2:0 video like this, you can display it
> properly (still interlaced) with -vf ilpack. And of course it's ready
> for deinterlacing or inverse telecine.

Ok, sorry folks to bump in a second time, but I've similar problems with
deinterlacing and I'm interested in all this.
Rich, you said earlier that scaling operation must be included in the two il
in the vf chain, to avoid problems that comes from interlaced videos.
Then here you're saying that such a video is then ready to be de-interlaced.
Hav I got you right? If so, I thought deinterlacing was only good on unscaled
videos: am I wrong here?
Thanks for any input.

> Interlaced video is such a mess... :(
I agree...