[MPlayer-users] Comparison of different deinterlace and denoise filters

Matthias Wieser mwieser at gmx.de
Tue Oct 21 21:59:57 CEST 2003

Am Freitag, 17. Oktober 2003 04:56 schrieb D Richard Felker III:

> > That may be the case with a bttv card.
> > But I see _no_ chroma errors when I record only with outfmt=yuy2.
> > Maybe thats because of the saa7134 driver.
>
> This is impossible by the nature of yuy2. It has 4:2:2 sampling.

4:2:2 sampling gives chroma each line. Where's the problem? I record raw
video with chroma every line.

> When
> mencoder rescales the chroma to half height (4:2:0), it will be
> ruined.

Doesn't (chroma) it first get deinterlaced and then rescaled (if you
export as mpg4 and not as png)?

> Do you know what error you're looking for?

I'm looking for those red(/blue) shadows (104,110 to 107,180 at http://
home.knuut.de/MWieser_/vf_raw_ntv_8/raw_ntv_8_pp-ci.jpg). Is that right?

> > > The only way to get around having to use
> > > il=d:d,scale=format=vy12,il=i:i is if your card can natively
> > > capture proper 4:2:0 video. (Unless you just want to capture at
> > > half-height to begin with...)
> >
> > Which cards can do that?
>
> Probably anything but bttv, as long as you leave the default outfmt
> (yv12).

You found those chroma errors on frames grabbed by my saa7134 card, too.

> However, you should check and make sure. Chroma plane should
> be interlaced just like the luma.

They seem to be interlaced properly, but I'm not sure. I used gimp to zoom
into http://home.knuut.de/MWieser_/vf_raw_ntv_8/orig.jpg but could not
see anything suspect.

Regards,
    Matthias
...still wondering if my saa7134 card works....