[MPlayer-users] huffyuv decoding problem

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Tue Oct 21 22:04:04 CEST 2003

On 2003.10.21 09:47, Michal Seliga wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > >
> > > maybe it will help that maybe a year ago I noticed the same bug
> in
> > > mplayer in its native decoder,
> > I don't remember fixing such kind of problem. Was it fixed by a
> patch
> > to huffyuv decoder or did it disappeared when something else was
> > changed?
>
>    Maybe it will help you that it was 30.5.2002, thread was named
> 'bugreport (avi created with RadTools crashes mplayer)'
>    and it was later fixed by Arpi.
Quickly  looked at it. Looking at cvs logs for huffyuv, the only change
was related to interlaced frames,
BTW were your samples huffyuv_sample.avi (with avizlib_sample.avi and
avimszh_sample.avi) and monika_huffyuv.avi (with monika_mszh.avi and
monika_zlib.avi)?
IIRC huffyuv_sample was the file that i used to fix interlaced images.

>    anyway, now I am downloading cvs version and actual win32 codecs,
win32 codecs probably did not change.

Anyway, now some old samples i have (huffyuv_sample.avi and
huffyuv_segfault.avi, both available on ftp in samples/v-codecs/
huffyuv) crash MPlayer is swscaler. They worked with the MPlayer native
codec. They work with -sws 0.

After some testing with my demo samples, i can say that all rgb files
works ok, and all yuv files fails (unless i use -sws 0). Prediction
method does not matter.

[...]
>    definitely yuv, but I am not sure about method....
BTW, your huffyuv.avi is rgb.

> > What's your setup (cpu, os, ...)?
>    cpu : Athlon XP 1700+  (recognized as athlon-4)
>    os:    Mandrake 9.2 with kernel 2.4.22 (compiled for athlon)
>    mplayer is built using mmx, 3dnow and sse optimizations
>
>    but all will be in proper bugreport. if I still will have the
> problem.
It can be helpful because you problem is different from mine, but
anyway the codec have other serious problems.

>    bye for now
>
>   Miso
Ciao,
 Roberto