[MPlayer-users] LAVC-MPEG4 vs DIVX4 vs XVID??

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Oct 21 20:37:41 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, 21 October 2003, JJ2Dogs wrote:
> So I tried Tuukka Toivonen settings with 4500bitrate and my settings:
> -sws 2 -mc 0 -ovc divx4 -divx4opts br=4500:q=5:crispness=100:key=50:pass=1
> The picture was the same.. Or all most the same.. But the divx4 is much
> faster... Any body can tell how to encrese the quality even more with
> divx4??

Why do I get the impression that you're completely clueless, know nothing
about video compression and codecs and just set these options at random?

Why, for example do you set -sws 2 when you don't scale? Why use -mc 0?
Why use :pass=1 if not for 2 pass encoding, which you make no mention of?

No offence intended, please correct me if I'm wrong, but have you actually
read any documentation on this subject, especially encoding-tips.txt that
was mentioned to you?

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/