[MPlayer-users] Error compiling MPlayer with latest Matroska CVS

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Oct 21 17:05:12 CEST 2003

As of this morning, I've started getting floods of errors when trying to
compile MPlayer - 2+ screens of text, running 1600x1200. I don't know
exactly when the problem would in fact have started, since I hadn't
updated either MPlayer or Matroska from CVS in the previous few days.
I've tried 'make distclean' in advance of configure/compile, and still
get the errors.

I'm presently having major problems with my package-management system
(as a partial fix of which I've gone through a major upgrade, including
I think gcc and possibly libc6 - though nothing else has broken), so I'm
not absolutely positive that this is an MPlayer/Matroska problem.
However, since configure detects everything correctly and the problems
do not as far as I know have any effect on my Matroska install, I'm not
sure the fact has any bearing; I mention it only because it may after
all be relevant.

A sample of the errors follows - as I indicated, there are too many to
fit in my scrollback buffer, so I just grabbed a slightly representative
sample. (As far as I can tell, all errors occur in libmpdemux.a,
demux_mkv.o, and either libmatroska or libebml.)

libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a(demux_mkv.o)(.text+0x391c): In function
`demux_mkv_open':
: undefined reference to `libmatroska::KaxTrackType::ClassInfos'
libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a(demux_mkv.o)(.text+0x3928): In function
`demux_mkv_open':
: undefined reference to
`libebml::EbmlMaster::FindFirstElt(libebml::EbmlCallbacks const &, bool)'
libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a(demux_mkv.o)(.text+0x3a29): In function
`demux_mkv_open':
: undefined reference to `libmatroska::KaxTrackAudio::ClassInfos'
libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a(demux_mkv.o)(.text+0x3a35): In function
`demux_mkv_open':
: undefined reference to
`libebml::EbmlMaster::FindFirstElt(libebml::EbmlCallbacks const &, bool)'
libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a(demux_mkv.o)(.text+0x3a62): In function
`demux_mkv_open':
: undefined reference to `libmatroska::KaxAudioSamplingFreq::ClassInfos'

--
       The Wanderer