[MPlayer-users] Full screen with x11

Sean Lee slee at qixo.com
Tue Oct 21 11:48:57 CEST 2003

Dear

I am a newbie for mplayer, but I finally installed and played around.
However, I have a few questions.

My spec is:
Via EPIA - 800 motherboard (onboard "trident cyberblade" AGP graphic card).
"MPlayer-1.0pre2" installed.
___________________________

I would like to play a list of clips with full screen and jump to next clip smoothly (no screen reset during the transition).

First, I tried "mplayer -vo vesa -ao alsa9 -fs -playlist /data/playlists" at the console, not in X-window.
It seems OK except flashing-screen while moving to next clip. I played around and looked all the doc & articles,, but no hope.
I tried "-fixed-vo", music comes but no screen (only black background and some information)
Next,, I installed X-window and tried "mplayer -fixed-vo -ao alsa9 -fs -playlist /data/playlists" in the "terminal" that is one of the system tool in the GNOME.
It worked perfectly ( no transition and perfect full screen).
However, I want to automate starting the MPLAYER when I turn on my computer.
That is my problem.
Isn't that possible to play mplayer with X11 at the console (not in GNOME or KDE)?
Something like this, "mplayer -fixed-vo x11 -ao alsa9 -fs -playlist /data/playlists", or
"mplayer -fixed-vo xv -ao alsa9 -fs -playlist /data/playlists" or
"mplayer -vo x11 -ao alsa9 -fs -playlist /data/playlists" at the console.
.
I tried,, but error message
vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!
vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!
VO XOverlay need a subdriver
[vo_gl] Using 4 as slice_height (0 means image_height).
vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!
vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!
vo: couldn't open the X11 display ()!

So I set DISPLAY=:0 and tried again,, but same error message.
vo: couldn't open the X11 display (":0")!
vo: couldn't open the X11 display (":0")!
vo: couldn't open the X11 display (":0")!

I am very sorry for asking basic questons.
Please help me.

Best regards,