[MPlayer-users] Using mplayer/mencoder/ogmtools to make an ogm

Vladimir Niksic vniksic at inet.hr
Mon Oct 20 23:16:34 CEST 2003

I have a question about the video bitrate used in movies. If I
decompress the AC3 sound with mplayer to pcm, and then encode it to ogg,
I have a problem with setting the video bitrate. If I use similar
bitrates with ogg and mp3, and then use the video recommendation bitrate
that I got from the first pass, and use ogmmerge to dump the mp3 and put
the ogg audio file in it's place, it is always screwed up. Either I get
705+ mb movie, or 680-. Is there a calculator around, so I can calculate
the video bitrate that is optimal?

--
Vladimir Niksic
vniksic at inet.hr