[MPlayer-users] huffyuv decoding problem

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Mon Oct 20 21:00:15 CEST 2003

On 2003.10.20 10:15, Michal Seliga wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> Hello
>
> I uploaded a file to mplayerhq ftp
> (ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/huffyuv_decoding_problem.tar.bz2)
>
> inside there are 2 videos:
>
> divx.avi:		this is how huffyuv.avi looks when decoded by
> ffmpeg huffyuv decoder
> huffyuv.avi:	if you will try it on pc with real huffyuv codec
> (in windows) it will look good,but
> 	            if you will try it using ffdshow (windows) or
> mplayer ffmpeg decoder it will look bad
Works ok here with MPlayer CVS. Looks bad with ffplay.
Can you please send output of mplayer -v huffyuv.avi ?
What's your setup (cpu, os, ...)?

> maybe it will help that maybe a year ago I noticed the same bug in
> mplayer in its native decoder,
I don't remember fixing such kind of problem. Was it fixed by a patch
to huffyuv decoder or did it disappeared when something else was
changed?

> later it was fixed, but now I found (to the big dissapointment) that
> native decoder dissapeared.
ffmpeg decoder was built using the specs i wrote while implementing
native MPlayer codec, so it should beahve the same (and it's faster,
too).

> ffmpeg decoder looks buggy and .dll codec in mplayer always crashed
> :-(
It works ok also with win dll here.

> I hope this files would help to find out something
>
> I tried with mplayer 1.0pre2, compiled for athlon-4, but I guess it
> doesn't matter (it just looks
> too similar to this old problem with native decoder)
>
> If there will be any questions (or you will want more samples) feel
> free to contact me.
Does it happen for every HuffYUV file or only for some samples? Do you
know the encoding mode of files that looks bad (rgb/yuv  and coding
method)?

Ciao,
 Roberto