[MPlayer-users] Comparison of different software scaler types

Sam Mason sam at samason.me.uk
Tue Oct 14 17:13:39 CEST 2003

Hope you don't mind Matthias. . .

Matthias Wieser wrote:
>At http://www.wieser-web.de/MPlayer/ you can see the differences.

Pretty interesting, I'd expect it to loose a bit of precision due to
rounding errors - but not that much.  Is it time to start thinking
about working at a higher precision internally and only attempting to
round down when it's absolutely necessary - i.e. when encoding to the
output file.

For those of you without JavaScript, I've extricated the images - you
can see them at:

  http://www.samason.me.uk/~sam/mplayer/sws-tests/

Basically; single-pass-*.jpg are the versions with just a single pass
of the filter applied and the ones called quad-pass-*.jpg are the ones
with the filter applied four times.

Have fun,
  Sam