[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [MPlayer-users] PSNR tests: mbd=2, mv0, trell, and cbp (and other stuff)

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Tue Oct 14 13:33:05 CEST 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, HR wrote:

>Didn't someone mention previously in this list that vhq is mbd=1 ?

Yes.

>If we use both mbd=1 and mbd=2, which one gets activated? The one that
>appears last in the command line?

Well, I used first vhq then mbd, and varying mbd did have an effect,
so either it's the last option that's important or maybe mbd
always overwrites vhq setting. I don't know.

>And many of the options turned on are already the defaults, at least in

Yes, the command line I showed is redundant. You could remove
many options and still get the same result. Sorry for the extra verbosity.