[MPlayer-users] Wrong aspect with SVCD

Thomas Lindroth tholi945 at student.liu.se
Sun Oct 12 12:19:44 CEST 2003

I use the latest version from cvs.

I have two screens, but I don't use xinerama.
The large screen is geforce2 GTS and the small
one is S3 Inc. 86c764/765 [Trio32/64/64V+] with
1 mb memory, running at 640x480 at 16.

I like to watch musikvideos on the small screen.
I have created two alias for that purpose:
mpnozoom='mplayer -framedrop -fs -idx -double -shuffle'
mpzoom='mplayer -framedrop -fs -zoom -idx -double -shuffle'

mpzoom works fine for all movies, but the card can't handle
xv so it's forced to use x11. This use alot of cpu, that's
why I created mpnozoom.

When I try play a svcd with mpnozoom the aspect is wrong.
The height is stretched out. A long time ago I have the same
effect with a buggy svcd codec for windows media player.
It sometimes fixes itself and stay correct until I reboot.
I don't know what I do to cause it to become correct.