[MPlayer-users] compiling problems

Schaman Christoph a9907506 at unet.univie.ac.at
Sun Oct 12 00:26:12 CEST 2003

Hello everyone,

as I am new to this mailing-list, please be patient.

I am currently trying to install MPlayer-0.92 with options --enable-png on a
SuSE Linux 8.2 (CPU Intel III ~800Mhz, further info available if needed), but
it won´t work: make returns the following error(s):

--snip--
make[1]: *** [vd_mpng.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Christoph/MPlayer-0.92/libmpcodecs´
make: *** [libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a] Fehler2
--snap--

Before that, it complains about vd_mpng.c:xxx:errors, where xxx is an integer
between 53 and 130. There is also a message that there is "No such file or
directory" as png.h, and a parse error (which is, as I suppose, the errors
with integers). Also, I found some warnings about vd_qtvideo.c, but as I
don´ t need any QuickTime-Stuff, I don´t care.

I´ve already checked the stuff listed in the Documentation and the README and
also the FAQ on MPlayers home-page, but my gcc is 3.3, glibc fine (2.3.2-25),
binutils too (2.13.90.0.18-21), XFree86 as well (4.3.0-15,  devel on board),
make should be fine (3.80-25), so I´ve no idea what went wrong.

As I was hoping that I could turn some Povray-png´s into a video, a solution
to this problem would be greatly appreciated (as would any form of help or
response).

GREETINGS from Vienna on a cold saturday night

Christoph