[MPlayer-users] mencoder MJPEGS won't play in WMP

Graham Bleach mplayer at darkskills.org.uk
Fri Oct 10 18:36:40 CEST 2003

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a FAQ, or something obvious I've missed - I've
looked for the answer on the web.

I have some MJPEG video, PCM audio AVI files that came from my digital
camera (a Canon Powershot A40) and I wish to rotate them, so people can
view them without turning their head through 90 degrees.

I did this:

mencoder -vop rotate=1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg -oac copy source.avi -o dest.avi

MPlayer can play the rotated files, but Windows Media Player cannot -
there is only sound without video. WMP can play the orginal files from my
digicam fine. Anyone know why, or how to fix it?

Thanks
Navigare necesse est
        -- Gnaeus Pompeius