[MPlayer-users] not auto detecting best codec!

joel at viedigi.com joel at viedigi.com
Fri Oct 10 00:22:58 CEST 2003

Hello Everyone,
I'm having probs I can not seem to solve. :( I probably is a simple thing.

Mplayer dev-CVS-03001
EPIA-M10000 motherboard (can not get via driver to work properly, so using vesa in x11)

When playing DVDs, seems to always choose mpeg2 decoding, with awefull playback. When I force another codec, divx4 or odivx, there are always problems finding a -vo driver.

When trying to stream a windows media 9 format file, with DRM, mplayer chooses Windows Media 8 format, and does not work. When forcing it to wmv9dmo, same situation, can not find a matching -vo device.

What am I doing wrong?

Joel Gathercole