[MPlayer-users] Re: Re: ATI Radeon 9000 and tv-out (Sergei Klink)

Patrick Twohig p-twohig at onu.edu
Thu Oct 9 15:42:14 CEST 2003

>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have an ati radeon 9000 card and I downloaded the latest ati drivers
>> (3.2.5, if I remember well).
>>
>> With great pleasure I discovered that ati provided tv-out even for linux.
>> So I have chosen "clone mode" and now I have my desktop both on the
>> monitor and, in carbon copy, on the tv.
>> When I launch mplayer I can see its frontend correctly, on both screens.
>> The problem is: when I play a dvd, I can see it correctly on the monitor,
>> meanwhile on the tv the mplayer window is empty, filled with an annoying
>> blue background... :-((
>>
>> Any suggestion?

>I'd use -vo gl or -vo gl2, whichever turns out to be faster.

I am having a similar problem, and when I use -vo gl the image is distorted and there's lines an all sorts of junk on the movie.  If I use Gl2, well I just get really crappy performance (10-12 fps, by the looks of it), but crystal clear picture quality.  I'm running a Radeon 9600.  ATI needs to get thier **** together and write some better drivers for Linux.