[MPlayer-users] Playback Lock possible?

Konstantinos Karydas kkar at intracom.gr
Thu Oct 9 11:00:25 CEST 2003

>>Konstantinos Karydas wrote:
>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to be able using mplayer to lock the playback of my video files so
>> that when someone is watching them he/she can't stop, fast forward,
rewind
>> etc., but only watch the clip playing normally until it has finished.
First
>> of all is that possible? Is there such a function in mplayer? If yes,
what
>> is the command to do that?
>>

>Adam Nielsen wrote:
>
> Unplug your keyboard ;-)
>
> ...or you could load up an xterm running cat, and when the mplayer window
> opens, switch back to the xterm (with Alt+Tab or whatever your
> key combo is)
> and then no keypresses will be passed to mplayer, but the
> fullscreen window
> will still be completely visible (if you use a decent window manager of
> course...)
>
> Then if you need to quit early, you can just click on the
> full-screen mplayer
> window again to get your keys back.
>
> Cheers,
> Adam.

How can I run xterm using cat? (Sorry but I am not a linux guru! :) )
How can I do the Alt+Tab trick using commands to switch to the other
terminal/xterm then switch back to the mplayer terminal/xterm? I mean I am
not supposed to be present when this happens, I want to have mplayer
playback for someone else so that he/she cannot use the mplayer commands to
seek, stop, pause etc. I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanx, regards,

Kostas