[MPlayer-users] Subtitle clock resets during movie

dcoffin at cybercom.net dcoffin at cybercom.net
Tue Oct 7 10:08:16 CEST 2003

MPlayer users,

     I'm trying to play a DVD with a custom subtitle file:

	mplayer -sub mysubs.srt dvd://1

     It works, except for one problem.  mysubs.srt is one
file containing subtitles for the entire movie.  But MPlayer
resets the subtitle clock at the start of each chapter, so
that I see the same subtitles again and again.

     This problem goes away if I dump the DVD to an AVI file,
and show the subtitles with that.  But then I have other
problems related to indexing and seeking.

     Does anyone know how to calculate time from the start
of a DVD title?  If I call find_sub() with that time instead
of "pts", my subtitles will be displayed correctly.

				Dave Coffin  10/7/2003