[MPlayer-users] Convert all types of movie files to DVD

Michael Janich mjanich at thisisnoble.com
Tue Oct 7 03:52:23 CEST 2003

Hi everybody,

I think it is very powerful of mencoder to be able to encode any video
clip/format that mplayer
can play - which is over 90% to my experience.

I would like to convert all my little video clips in so many formats all
to MPEG2/DVD, including
resizing and resampling to DVD level, to burn all my clips onto a DVD
(or two).

Has anyone seen/developped a script that does that? Does
ffmpeg/libavcodec now finally encode mpeg2video?
Because the manual only speaks about mpeg1video. Is there a DVD
authoring plugin or how would I call
dvdauthor (from dvdauthor.sourceforge.net) with all my clip files (now
already converted to DVD compatible
MPEG2 or VOB) and how would I burn it to DVD (dvd-record)? There must be
dozends of tools involved and
hundrets of dependencies...

Thanks for everyones help.

      Michael

PS: Is there a tool that can tell me, if an MPEG2 stream is DVD compatible?

--

   Michael Janich, Chief Technology Officer, Noble Group Ltd, Hong Kong
   http://www.thisisnoble.com/  Tel: +852 2861-4615 Fax: +852 2865-3865