[MPlayer-users] encoding tv streams in linux

Larry llwyble at cox.net
Sun Oct 5 19:20:20 CEST 2003

I have been trying to record tv streams and kept getting the error:

File not found: 'frameno.avi'   and
MPlayer was compiled without libmp3lame support!

and quits.

After searching the documentation and reading the faq, I found in
the faq:

Q:
My tuner works, I can hear the sound and watch the video with MPlayer,
but MEncoder doesn't encode audio!

A:
TV audio encoding for Linux is currently unimplemented, we're working on it.
At the moment it works only on BSD.

Is this up-to-date? Am I wasting my time trying to encode tv streams in
linux?

If not, is there a howto for this somewhere? I would really like to record
some things from the tv.

Oh and should I rebuild with   libmp3lame support?   (:

Thanks for in info.