[MPlayer-users] video capture & .avi file "un-catenating"

Joseph N. Hall joseph at 5sigma.com
Sun Oct 5 02:50:49 CEST 2003

Le samedi 04 octobre 2003, 11:14:01 ou environ Patrice Levesque <wayne at ptaff.ca> a écrit:
Thanks,

> [...]  Of course it is obvious for anybody who
> knows where the obviousness lies. BTW I did not find the word
> "frameno" in the mplayer man page. Thus I must suppose that the file
> frameno.avi is some sort of template and the two last passes won't
> work if I change the file-name to framenono.avi [...]

It is kind of mysterious, isn't it?  However, if you follow the
directions in the online mplayer docs (the mencoder section), you
can sort of see how it works.  It could be much better explained.

The whole business of how A-V sync works in mplayer could be
much better explained.  Right now, for users, it's mostly trial
and error determining which configurations of encoder and
processing options work and which don't.

I notice that mplayer1.x is now compiling cleanly from CVS
(it used to be a nightmare, but apparently much good work has
been done in the past year or so), so I may try experimenting
and reading code to the point where I am able to write up some
more detailed examples.  I have always had problems with
mpeg4-ish sync, and (of course) some players are better than
others.

  -joseph