[MPlayer-users] DVDnav support

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Oct 3 17:13:25 CEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 01:55:00PM +0200, Julien WAJSBERG wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Alain Ledesma wrote:

> > I have read in mplayer 0.91 docs that dvdnav support is broken and no longer developed. ¿Is this true also for version 1.0? ¿Is anyone developing it or planning to continue with it?
> >
> > thanks.
>
> My understanding is that current MPlayer design can't work with dvdnav,
> that's why nobody is working on this :)
> Maybe MPlayer G2 ...

Current (g1) mplayer design can't really work right with dvd
navigation at all. On the other hand, g2 should be able to, but not
with the current libdvdnav implementation which tries to do everything
itself and force the calling app (player) to be 'dumb'. So if anyone
wants dvdnav in g2, they need to work out the necessary changes that
need to be made in libdvdnav, or else rewrite independent dvd menu
support specifically for mplayer.

Rich