[MPlayer-users] Old OpenDivX codecs

Malte Horst Arthur Skoruppa malte at countnumber.de
Fri Oct 3 05:04:26 CEST 2003

Hi,

it seems I'm unable to login to the CVS server from Project Mayo.

If I try, I get an error message ("cvs [login aborted]: connect to
cvs.projectmayo.com(66.77.127.90):2401 failed: Connection timed out"). I
suppose their CVS server is down :-(

So, I had a look at the Project Mayo homepage and I saw that there are CVS
snapshots in the form of zip files (decore50src.zip and encore50src.zip), but
unfortunately it seems they're only for Windows. I'm using Linux, though :-(

Does anyone know an alternative source? Or can anybody how have them send them
to me? I'd be very grateful :-)

By the way, are those libraries necessary if I already have divx4linux?
Section "2.2.1.1 DivX4/DivX5" from
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/en/codecs.html was not really clear about this.
First it says "The new generation of this codec is called DivX4 and can even
decode movies made with the infamous DivX codec!", and a while later it tells
"Get the CVS version of the OLD OpenDivx core library like this:", as though
it didn't matter you just installed the "new generation of this codec".
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm fairly new to MPlayer ;-)

Thanks,
Malte