[MPlayer-users] Overlay-Video with -wid?

Stephan Kuhagen stk at tzi.de
Thu Oct 2 08:21:00 CEST 2003

Hi

# It my be the QT-Toolkit, that makes the problem. I have no idea how QT
# could block other processes from writing to its widgets, but as a mater
# of fact, playing a video in a KDEs konsole- widget fails too. Sometimes
# no video shows up, sometimes it shows up, but in all cases the konsole
# is dysfunctionla after that. You have to kill -9 from some other terminal.

You are right, it seems to be Qts fault. With other Toolkits the
feature works fine (unfortunately I have to use Qt for that). Qt sets
the Xattributes and the X11-Event-Masks so that no other processes can
access the widgets. Until now, I have no idea, how to change that back
(tried XSelectInput(..., NoInputMask) etc), but I hope on the
Trolltech-Support-Guys to give me a hint...

Thanks
Stephan Kuhagen

--
| EMail: stk at tzi.de                    __o  |

PS: Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder Uebermittlung meiner
Daten fuer Werbezwecke oder fuer die Markt- und Meinungsforschung

(§28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz)