[MPlayer-users] Offtopic -- G400 TV-Out on a single output G400

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Wed Oct 1 22:28:56 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 04:05:41PM -0400, Greg Stark wrote:

> Matrox sells a svga->tvout cable intended to be used with the second svga
> connector on the dual screen G400s.
>
> If I plug that into my single svga connector will I get TV-Out? Or does only
> the second svga connector have the tv-out chipset connected?

I don't think so.  Only CRTC2 has pins connected to the maven chip,
which has the TV scaler hardware built in.

> They also sell an add-on to add the second svga connector and it includes the
> cable, but it costs almost as much as a whole new G400 so it hardly makes
> sense. And if I'm getting a new AGP card I'll probably shell out for a better
> 3D card like an ATI or else go cheapo with a Savage or something.

You can find those on Ebay for rather cheap actually.  (Or at least you
could the last time I looked.)  Seems like some resellers found
themselves with an overstock of them or something..

> I'm really annoyed because I like Matrox cards, and Matrox is actually just a
> couple miles from here, but they just can't seem to compete.

If you would be so kind, pay their office a visit and inquire as to WTF
their business plan is.  Many of us would really like to know. :)  Oh,
and try to get some Parhelia hardware documentation.  Maybe "Developer
Relations" won't ignore you as easily in person as they ignore each
email sent to them! ;)

See ya,

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253