[MPlayer-users] Deinterlacing (was: Digital camcoder)

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sun Nov 30 02:36:07 CET 2003

> ROTFL!! None of MEncoder's deinterlacers are at all acceptable. li and
> ci just interpolate from even fields, throwing away half the
> framerate and wasting space. lb, l5, and fd create horrible blurring
> or ghosts. md destroys all local extrema.

What about a method that converts both fields into two separate frames?  I've
often wondered about this method, because although it would halve the
vertical resolution, it would double the framerate which might lessen the
impact of the lower resolution.  I've never seen anything done this way
though, so I've got no idea whether it gives a good result or not.  Has
anyone here tried it?

Cheers,
Adam.