[MPlayer-users] Bug report. Mplayer crash when enable sse2 on celeron 1800

Nguyen Tam Chinh chinhngt at chinhngt.b.gz.ru
Fri Nov 28 22:49:28 CET 2003

I've compile mplayer1.0-pre2 with --enbale-sse2. My computer is a Celeron 1800, FreeBSD 4.8, gcc3.3. At the beginning, all is okay, but suddenly mplayer begin crash when playing media (mpeg4 or even mp3), i must kill mplayer process by killall -KILL mplayer (those processes takes nearly 100%cpu).
May be there's some problems with FreeBSD? I can not gmake with gcc2.95.4 (default in FreeBSD 4.8), my gmake version is 3.80.
If i normally configure mplayer, the result is: "sse2 supportted, but diable", and all is okay till now.
So, please check if mplayer has something wrong with sse2 code in FreeBSD.
Thnaks very much for your mplayer!
(i think that gcc3.3.2 doesn't fully support FreeBSD 4.8 structure?
, right?)
See you.
----
Best Regards!