[MPlayer-users] xvid options

jzaw jz at w.dnsalias.org
Thu Nov 27 23:24:10 CET 2003

On Thursday, Nov 27, 2003, at 21:52 Europe/London, Alexandre Vaissiere
wrote:

> For two hours, i'm searching the mplayer website in order to find a
> documentation upon options i coulp pass to the xvid codec. But i can't
> find.
>
> Could you please link me on such a doc ?

comes under the heading of RTFM :-P

in linux terminal

man mplayer

theres a LOT in there ... look in the encoding section
starting with GENERAL ENCODING OPTIONS (MENCODER ONLY)
then further down near the end is the codec section ... specifically

> xvidenc (-xvidencopts)

the last few options may or may not work with your build of mencoder it
states

> The folowing options are only available with the unstable (cvs -HEAD)
> version of XviD.
> Be warned  that these options are experimental and may not work as
> intended.

for instance vhq=<0-4> doesnt work here but debug does

Zaw