[MPlayer-users] mplayer doesn't compile with alsa-1.0-pre1

Steffen Sauder steffensauder at gmx.de
Tue Nov 25 02:12:05 CET 2003

Hello everyone,

the alsa-team has released version 1.0.0pre1 of alsa-driver and
alsa-lib, and the current cvs version of mplayer won't compile with the
new version.

configure fails because it only checks for version 0.9, after doing the
obvious quick hack to the configure script compilation still fails.
I guess it might have something to do with the introduction of a new
ALSA PCM API as described in a post on the alsa-devel list
(
http://www.mail-archive.com/alsa-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg09892.html),
but I'm no expert on this subject.

I am running gentoo with kernel 2.6.0-test10 and alsa-lib-1.0.0pre1.
This configuration is rather fresh, so I might have done something wrong
during the updates, but at least the configure script needs to be fixed
(but you would never accept my quick hack as a patch, as I had no better
idea than to exchange 0.9 with 1.0 :o)

gruss,
Steffen

ai_alsa.c: In function `ai_alsa_setup':
ai_alsa.c:42: too few arguments to function `snd_pcm_hw_params_get_channels'
ai_alsa.c:49: warning: passing arg 3 of
`snd_pcm_hw_params_set_rate_near' makes pointer from integer without a cast
ai_alsa.c:56: warning: passing arg 3 of
`snd_pcm_hw_params_set_buffer_time_near' makes pointer from integer
without a cast
ai_alsa.c:60: warning: passing arg 3 of
`snd_pcm_hw_params_set_period_time_near' makes pointer from integer
without a cast
ai_alsa.c:68: too few arguments to function
`snd_pcm_hw_params_get_period_size'
ai_alsa.c:69: too few arguments to function
`snd_pcm_hw_params_get_buffer_size'
make[1]: *** [ai_alsa.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fali/software/mplayercvs/main/libmpdemux'
make: *** [libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a] Fehler 2