[MPlayer-users] [BUG] incorrect audio playback of SGI quicktime movie files.

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Mon Nov 24 20:30:09 CET 2003

I uploaded a sample to ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/sgi.mov

This file was created on an SGI O2 with
   dmrecord -t 2 -p video,quality=3 -p audio -B auto sgi.mov
so it contains 2 seconds of low-quality quicktime movie data.

xanim can play it back correctly.
mplayer 0.60 can play it back correctly.

All versions of mplayer >= 0.90 play back the sound incorrectly.
0.90 plays it back too slow, with some distortions.
1.0-pre2 plays it back too slow, with heavy distortions.

I tried this on various systems, so I believe it is a "portable"
bug that does not depend on operating system, kernel, etc.

I'll be happy to supply more information, though, if needed.

Carsten (Carsten.Koch at icem.com)