[MPlayer-users] MPEG-TS subtitles

Nico nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sat Nov 22 09:31:14 CET 2003

TS subtitles don't exists, because the scope of TS is not to define
elementary stream formats.
In TS you can stream any kind of subs (DVD/DVB text/DVB SPU/ others) but
at the
moment the only ones that can be shown are DVD ones, so either some
company streams DVD subs
in their mux or you have to stream a DVD in TS.

You should first understand what kind of subs that broadcaster is using,
and if it's
one of the formats supported by mplayer *MAYBE* I can arrange something, but
it's not very likely. Keep in mind that only SPU subs are treated like a
stream, the
rest is a real mess that I don't dare to touch.

I plan to try a DVB SPU decoder if and when I have the time (that means:
not now).

Nico