[MPlayer-users] better looking movies in Win98(MV2player,Radlight...) than in linux (MPlayer)

Dano rabinowich at zoznam.sk
Fri Nov 21 23:31:33 CET 2003

I don't understand this. I have a PII/350MHz - 128 RAM, Voodoo3 2000. I
use Mandrake for abount 2 years, but i have to use Windows 98 just for
watching movies. Why? Because the  movies are looking better in Windows
with movie-players like Radlight, MV2player, Windows Media Player..., than
in linux with MPlayer 1.0pre2, which i compile with:
./configure --enable-tdfxvid --enable-tdfxfb --enable-gui.
I use mplayer vo=xv OR mplayer vo=tdfx_vid. Both video outputs look the
same. They are a little bit unclear (like unfocused or unsharp) and if you
look from small distance you can see squares (like playing games in a
small resolution). I don't understand this.
Please help me! I hate windows. There must be a solution for this.
[Sorry for my bad english]
--
Dan