[MPlayer-users] advice on mencoder options

Frank Burhans Frank.Burhans at t-online.de
Fri Nov 21 23:04:48 CET 2003

Am Donnerstag, 20. November 2003 23:40 schrieb HR:

> Using 'presets' is not a bad idea, and probably most people have had
> this thought at some point. There's nothing demeaning in such a feature.
> For features where it can be proven that setting A is better than
> setting B, there could definitively be an option that switched on "all
> the goodies" without actually changing the compatibility. Decision
> algorithms, for instance. And who better to set up such presets than the
> developers. A few such presets would be helpful for us with little or no
> insight into the theories of image/video compression and mpeg
> standards... And then this mailing list wouldn't get hit by this subject
> "every time" someone starts using mencoder for the first time...
>
> HR

That's the point! I tried to use mencoder in a way i did it with tmpeg! i
never got equal results with mencoder! (I'm not a video freak) I don't need a
graphical interface, i just want an easy way to code something to divx or
SVCD  in an acceptable quality without trying 20.000 times to get the
absolute result! And it would be nice if it could be done on an linux system
!

Yours

Frank