[MPlayer-users] Audio (LPCM) demux issue

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Fri Nov 21 15:14:18 CET 2003

> using the DVD profiles caused some kid of audio mis-parse (white noise)
> after a seek

Yes! I've noticed the exact same problem but with a standard AVI that has PCM
audio.

I've been encoding some TV shows which come in as MPEG2 transport streams,
then I use mencoder to convert them to XviD/PCM AVI files.  But when I play
these AVI files, if I seek it often (but not always) turns the audio to
static.  If I keep seeking then it does go back to normal - it seems like
after any seek (regardless of the current state of the audio) there's 50%
chance it will end up as white noise, 50% chance it will work properly.

The audio itself is fine, however (it plays perfectly as long as you don't
seek.)

Cheers,
Adam.