[MPlayer-users] Proxy authentication problem

Sam Mason sam at samason.me.uk
Thu Nov 20 17:07:13 CET 2003

Kristoffer Møllerhøj wrote:
>Despite using the proxy enviroment variable
>  http_proxy=http://myuserid:mypassword@eksternproxy.k-net.dk:5556
>mplayer complains about "Proxy Authentication Required".

I've just a quick look and the code seems to ignore the username and
password in my code. . .  I guess you would need to change
libmpdemux/network.c quite a bit to get it all working.  The username
and password are retrieved from the url but them promptly discarded
(have a look at check4proxies() if you fancy a hack.

>This also happens if I set the proxy and username/password directly
>in the URL.

Sorry, but this is even less likely to work. . .

>I'm using a laptop, and on another proxy without authentication(at
>work), anything works fine.

Yup, I do that all the time my self.