[MPlayer-users] Strange results with mf://\*.png (more data)

Matthias Goerner m.goerner at iu-bremen.de
Wed Nov 19 19:40:59 CET 2003

Dear list,

I had exactly the same problem with png's and figured out that it is a
bug in mplayer/mencoders mf-driver.
I solved the problem by replacing the control function in
libmpcodecs/vd_mpng.c by (which is actually copied from
libmpcodecs/vd_mtga.c):

static int control(sh_video_t *sh,int cmd,void* arg,...){
   switch (cmd)
   {
    case VDCTRL_QUERY_FORMAT:
       if (*((int *) arg) == out_fmt) return CONTROL_TRUE;
       return CONTROL_FALSE;
   }
   return CONTROL_UNKNOWN;
}

This works fine for my applications. I will send a patch to
mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu.

Matthias Goerner