[MPlayer-users] mencoder: adding logo (and more)

Troy D. Strum tstrum at pokotv.com
Mon Nov 17 22:36:20 CET 2003

Hi there,

I have a legit use for this function as mencoder generates videos that may
need to be watermarked in a particular way.

This also fits with another question I was going to ask anyway - is there a
way to superimpose the output of the "rectangle" function on the outputted
video? Currently we use "rectangle" for marking the TV safe areas of the
frame - but that's only good for people using mplayer for playback. We'd
like to add a rectangle or two (TV Safe, Title Safe) to the output file so
people with any AVI playback program can see the appropriate marks.

BTW: We're doing stop-motion animation and mencoder/mplayer is the
work-horse of our on-floor review system. Part of that is TV Safe indicators
via the "rectangle" filter.

- Troy