[MPlayer-users] short mbd=2/mv0/trell/cbp with and without qprd benchmark

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri Nov 14 22:50:58 CET 2003

Attached is a short single-source benchmark of qprd along with mbd=2,
trell, mv0, and cbp.

At the beginning is just trell and cbp (no qprd because qprd needs
mbd=2), for comparison. The next several tests are combinations of
the above-mentioned options, with qprd added right afterward. At the end
are tests of my current pet throw-everything-at-it set of options, with
and without qprd.

All encodes are 2-pass, with the data only listed for the second pass.

All FPS values listed are second-pass usertime divided by the number of
frames.

---

For this source, qprd consistantly raises PSNR slightly (0.02 to 0.06),
at the cost of about a 15-37% performance hit. The performance decrease
varies a lot, so I wouldn't be comfortable giving it an average.

-Corey