[MPlayer-users] Re: 100% cpu usage when playing a mp3 file with alsa9:surround40-channels 4

Mateusz Papiernik mati at maticomp.net
Fri Nov 14 18:11:51 CET 2003

Thomas Zangl - Mobil wrote:

>>The same thing happens to me. I've got a SB live 1024 card and alsa 0.9.8

I've got the same problem. SB Live 5.1 and -ao alsa9:surround51
hardcoded into ~/.mplayer/config. I'm often watching 5.1 DivX'es, so
it's very convenient to have it in config. But playing MP3's make my CPU
go to 99% :)

> Any developer around would like to comment this? Would be _REALLY_ good
> to have this fixed, this would make mplayer my all-in-one media player :-)

MPlayer would be my all-in-one media player if it can expand stereo
sound (just clone) from front speakers to rear. Xine has that option ...

p.s. this post is also GMANE-gateway test :)

Regards!
--
Mati (mati at maticomp.net)
One man can make a difference