[MPlayer-users] show interlaced/progressive info..

Fabio Papa f.papa at mcmspa.it
Fri Nov 14 14:20:14 CET 2003

On Friday 14 November 2003 11:27, Tuukka Toivonen wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> >BTW, animation telecined for NTSC then converted to PAL without
> >remastering will be horrible no matter how it's done...
>
> What about TV program made for NTSC and converted into PAL? Is that common
> or do they take some non-interlaced master and convert it separately for
> PAL and NTSC?
I think that's common, at least here in .it it is what I see commonly.

> Couple of days ago was shown the last episode of The Cape in Finnish TV and
> while the previous episodes were all simply interlaced, this one had
> something weird going on...occasionally interlaced, some parts not...
> very weird. I tried mplayer -vf pullup and that fixed some parts greatly
> (better than deinterlacing) but some parts still had the interlacing. Also
> -vf pullup,md crashed mplayer (1.0pre1).
Exactly the same as The next generations episodes here in italy: some scenes
are defenitely interlaced, while others are not. You can clearly tell even by
watching on tv, where some hi motion scenes just aren't that "smooth".
Anyway, deinterlacing everything has never been a problem for that.

--
Fabio Papa
Engineering division