[MPlayer-users] help - making videos run full-screen

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Thu Nov 13 15:31:19 CET 2003

Hi,
This is my first post to this list, so forgive me if I've missed something
that was covered before.

I'm running FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p13, KDE 3.1, and have installed the kmplayer
port by running 'portinstall kmplayer', which completed successfully.
I was prompted to select the skins to install, and chose only the default
skin.

I have recompiled my kernel with 'options USER_LDT'.
The only way I can get any of my existing videos to play is by selecting X11
Shm for my video driver.

The output of xvinfo is as follows:
X-Video Extension Version 2.2
Screen #0
no adaptors present

My video card is an ATI 3D Rage IIC AGP w/ 8MB ram.
When I installed XFree86, this card was not on the list, so I selected the ati
driver, X is working fine at 1024 x 768.

My videos will play, with audio, but they will not resize any bigger than
150%.  I'd like them to run full-screen, like they did in WindowsXP.

Can someone point me to where I can look to see how to do this, or give me a
tip on how to get this done?

--

Thanks,
Charles