[MPlayer-users] Re: VOD and mplayer

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Nov 13 10:43:01 CET 2003

also sprach Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live.com> [2003.11.13.1027 +0100]:
> No, you are mistaken.  RTSP's "DESCRIBE" command is used to play all
> RTSP/RTP content - whether it's live, or stored video-on-demand.  Also, in
> each case, the response to the "DESCRIBE" command includes a SDP
> description.
>
> However, in this case the server is returning "404 Not Found" in response
> to the "DESCRIBE" command - but that's only because the specified movie
> does not exist!

I am believing this now. The main problem is that I am a proxy and
not responsible for the streaming. But I have forwarded your
comments on and thank you all for your help and patience. I am
confident that with your expertise, we can solve this problem sooner
or later!

Very gratefully,

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"when zarathustra was alone... he said to his heart: 'could it be
 possible! this old saint in the forest hath not yet heard of it, that
 god is dead!'"
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche