[MPlayer-users] mplayer TV tuner interface problems

Catalin Muresan catalin.muresan at astral.ro
Mon Nov 10 16:10:37 CET 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 12:21:29PM +0100, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
 > you can use aumix,gmix/gnome-volume-control or similar utility to adjust
 > line-in volume.

	yea, i forgot to add one thing: i also use lirc so i use my
remote to adjust the volume, would be nice if mplayer would do that with no
need to have an external program. one solution is to code a small mixer with
lirc suport.

 > there are some issues with immediatemode=0, so I generally don't
 > recommend using it.

	it's unusable on my setup, are the issues fixable or unfixable ? :)

 > there can be a small delay because the audio goes directly to the
 > soundcard, while video has to be processed/buffered.

	yep, i thought so and in immediatemode=0 seems to be in sync.

 > you can also try using tvtime (tvtime.sf.net), which is specialized for
 > real time tv watching.

	thanks, i will look into it but i would very very much like to use
mplayer :P
	just looked and, like mplayer controls only pcm, tvtime controls
online line channel from mixer, i need to control line1 :) - fixable
ofcourse. and no suport for lirc. i'll try it because mplayer's
deinterlacers don't look that well, only pp=lb looks nice but looks bad for
tv tickers.

	thank you.

--
 Catalin Muresan