[MPlayer-users] Audio/video sync... again

Vidar Wahlberg canidae at exent.net
Sun Nov 9 22:25:33 CET 2003

I'm well aware that this has been talked alot about earlier, but I
couldn't find an answer in previous mails so I thought I'd ask for an
update:

Like quite many other people I can't get audio & video in sync when
ripping from DVD's. Just playing the DVD with mplayer works great, but
if I try encoding to another codec (apparently any codec, tried the
examples in the documentation) the sound is out of sync, and the delay
is never the same (usually from about -200ms to -350ms). I can also
point out that playing the VOB after dumping it with mplayer works fine.

I haven't tested out the build from 10th December 2002 which someone
claimed should work, but I did test all released versions from 0.90-rc4
to 1.0pre-2 (if it counts as a release). All have the same desync.
Reason i didn't test the older versions was simply because i couldn't
get XviD to work with it.

Is it only me who's stuck with this problem?

--
Regards,
Vidar Wahlberg