[MPlayer-users] NOVIRUS Jerky playback of some avi files

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Nov 9 21:33:03 CET 2003

The Wanderer wrote:
> Corey Hickey wrote:
>
>> Conlef Ruine wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All.
>>>
>>> I've been using mplayer for a long time without problems and I
>>> always try to keep up-to-date.
>>> Currently I'm using MPlayer 0.92-3.3.
>>

>> Although 0.92 is the most recent released version, it's quite old as
>> far as current development is concerned. Try downloading and
>> compiling the latest cvs (or cvs snapshot) and see if your problem
>> persists.
>

> ?
>
> Don't 1.0-pre1 and 1.0-pre2 count as released versions?

No, they're pre-release versions. :) :)

I don't know how many people it applies to, but having a pre- in the
version name might make people nervous. Whenever I'm trying out a new
project, I often eschew anything that looks unstable; once I'm familiar
with the project, of course, anything goes.

> Neither is as good for checking a problem before you report it as is the
> latest CVS,

Certainly.

> but both are far more recent and up-to-date than are the
> 0.9x versions. Both are, or should be, available from the MPlayer
> Website.

-Corey