[MPlayer-users] NTSC VHS Playback B&W

raen7 at ihug.com.au raen7 at ihug.com.au
Sat Nov 8 14:59:38 CET 2003

I can only get b&w with NTSC video playback.
I have searched DOCS faq and List archive.
I am running MPlayer 1.0pre2-3.3 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon MP/XP Thoroughbred 1800 MHz (Family: 6,
Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE

WIth Dynalink Magic TV View Card CPH051 TV+FM card
I have tried the LG NTSC Tuner
OS SuSE 8.2.
Monitor is Samsung SyncMaster 173 60Hz

I have my tv card on composite through my Sony VHS recorder/tuner.

Mplayer plays back full colour TV for PAL tv and video playback but when I
playback NTSC videos it is only in B&W.

I have tried running the VHS on television instead of composite but still it
only plays b&w. I have tried -vo on x11 and xv.