[MPlayer-users] gui doesn't work

mail man sunhater at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 6 13:14:38 CET 2003

I have installed MPlayer 1.0pre2-2.96 . Command line "mplayer" works fine with all codecs, but "gmplayer" is only symbolic link to "mplayer" binary. It doesn't starts any gui, although I've passed --enable-gui to ./configure. And even config.mak file (generated by configure) looks ok for the gui (see the following):

# --- GUI stuff ---
GTKLIB =  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm
GLIBLIB =   -L/usr/lib -lglib
GTK_LIBS =   $(GTKLIB) $(GLIBLIB)
GUI = yes
DEBUG = -DDEBUG

Finally, I should mention that I have both gtk-1.2 and gtk-2.0 installed.

Thanks for any suggestions.