[MPlayer-users] Setting a higher volume

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 03:31:08 CET 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 08:27:52PM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:

>>==
>>mplayer -vf list=volume:volume=<percentage> <filename>
>>==
>
> Eh? -vf? The syntax would be -aop ..., but -aop has been obsolete for
> a year or something now and it's about to be used. Try -af volume=x
> where x is specified in decibels.

(By "used" I presume you mean "removed"?)

Yes, yes, typo/brainfart, I meant -aop. But when scanning through the
man page for "volume" when I wanted to do something similar recently,
the first relevant thing I saw was the -aop entry, and since that does
work (despite the clunky syntax) I hadn't looked farther.

At first glance it looks like the -aop version gives more fine-grained
control of volume changes, but I understand the basic reasoning behind
the plugins removal and I don't plan to object to it.

--
       The Wanderer