[MPlayer-users] Re: vsync and nvidia (was: [BUG] -vf tfields=4 jumpiness -- OSD flickers madly)

Angel angel at knight-industries.com
Tue Nov 4 11:14:54 CET 2003

Jason Wrote:
> One thing that may be affecting things is the overscan.

I have exactly the same problem. I think the problem is that there is not a
1:1 scanline conversion between the framebuffer and the t.v. out. I believe
the t.v. encoder scales the video -> which destroys the interlacing. There is
a tool for winblows called t.v. tool which is supposed to be able to disable
this "feature". Nvtv for linux may be able to do the same thing but its
pretty limited as to which nvidia cards / t.v. encoders it will work with.

-Angel