[MPlayer-users] -wid option / X11 window

Samuel Kvasnica samuel.kvasnica at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 3 14:50:43 CET 2003

Hello,
could somebody give me a hint how to set up correctly a window if I want
to use mplayer (1.0pre2) with the -wid option.
If I create a window a a child of root window, -vo x11 works but with
some warnings about mouse buttons etc
and -vo xmga exits with an error.
If I apply XSelectInput(mw->x11Display(),mw->winId(),0); warnings with
-vo x11  are away and
-vo xmga doesn't exit anymore however there's no picture. I've looked
into vo_xmga.c and found out that
there's XUnmapWindow( mDisplay,vo_window );. If I add XMapWindow(...)
there or comment out XUnmap
I get the  picture even with -vo xmga. Is this a bug or I missed something ?

Now the second part: I want to send output of mplayer in a window which
is child of another window, not root.
I don't get any picture in this case, not even with -vo x11. However if
I apply XSelectInput(display,window,0);
to the parent window picture appears. Why ? I also noticed that after
applyig XSelectInput video doesn't resize/move
anymore when moving the parent window.

Any hints ?

thanks,
Sam

Please send cc to: samuel.kvasnica  at  tuwien,ac,at